Associate Professor and Program Coordinator for Public Health
Georgia College & State University
April 2, 2018
$65,500 - $67,500
Full Time - Experienced
Academic / Research
Georgia College is the state designated public liberal arts university. We are a nationally preeminent public liberal arts university where a practical education meets life-altering, real-world experiences. Public Health is housed in the College of Health Sciences in the School of Health & Human Performance.
The School of Health and Human Performance services undergraduate students who major in Public Health (BS); and Exercise Science (BS). We also have three master’s programs: (1) MS with a concentration in Health Promotion or Human Performance; a (2) Master of Arts in Teaching – Health and Physical Education; and the MS in Athletic Training beginning Summer 2018. We also house multiple minors in Public Health; Physical Education; Outdoor Education; and Global Health Studies. Individual will:
1. Teach courses in both undergraduate and graduate programs: e.g., Community Health; Medical Terminology; Methods of Health Promotion; Human Sexuality; Healthcare Policy; Substance Use and Abuse; etc.
2. Coordinate the BS Public Health and MS Health Promotion programs which will include: internship coordination for all BS Public Health students; coordinate assessment data collection; analysis; and reporting of BS Public Health and MS Health Promotion programs; assist with marketing and responding to graduate student inquiries; and other duties as assigned;
3. Take the lead role in working toward achieving accreditation from the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) for the BS Public Health;
4. Engage in scholarship and community service appropriate to the discipline;
5. Serve on school, college, and university committees as assigned.
Additional Salary Information: Summer teaching and/or stipends for research and course development are available options for additional salary on top of base.
Internal Number: 6427
About Georgia College & State University
Georgia College is the state designated public liberal arts university located in Milledgeville, GA. We are a nationally preeminent public liberal arts university where a practical education meets life-altering, real-world experiences, and students are taught to think independently and lead creatively.