Merritt Hawkins, that nation's premier academic physician search firm, has partnered with the departments of Pediatrics at a new medical school in the recruitment of a full-time, board-certified or board eligible Pediatric Pulmonologist to join its growing academic department. The department has approximately 60 faculty, including approximately 20 faculty employed by the medical school.
- Join a thriving practice served by a multi-disciplinary team including two other faculty providers, two nurses, a respiratory therapist, dietitians, social workers, psychologist, pharmacist, and support staff
- Our accredited Cystic Fibrosis Center serves the entire southwest region of the state and participates in the state newborn screening quality improvement initiative
- Our Severe Asthma Center serves as a model to develop other similar specialized multi-disciplinary clinics
- We have a busy bronchoscopy service, well-equipped pulmonary function and exercise laboratory
- Up to 7 weeks of PTO annually
- State-of-the-art simulation center
The ideal candidate with have strong academic and research interests to fully participate in the education of our medical students, residents, the faculty and the community at large. The pediatric residency program is a fully accredited program with all sub-specialty care and tertiary care capabilities. The pediatric residency program has 24 residents and medicine-pediatrics program has 16 residents.
Administrative duties for the school and the residency program are expected. The faculty will have protected time for clinical, research or other scholarly activities, with support from the research and statistic departments. There are excellent opportunities for clinical research in collaboration with the Center for Clinical Research at the medical school.
Known for its community focus and emphasis on access to quality education at all levels, this metro area of over 325,000 people has something to offer everyone! Monthly art hops, one-of-a-kind restaurants, weekly festivals, craft breweries, and wineries give this college town an exciting energy. Historic architecture juxtaposed with modern concepts preserve charm and authenticity while fostering innovation. Strong public school systems and a variety of private school options are available; a nationally renowned program is available in which graduates of public schools receive free tuition to attend public and private colleges in the state. The city is conveniently located in close proximity to the gorgeous beaches of Lake Michigan, multiple ski resorts, and a quick train ride away from multiple major metropolitans.