Providence is calling a Director, Mission Integration & Spiritual Care to Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford, OR.
The Director, Mission Integration & Spiritual Care is responsible for the provision of clinical chaplaincy and spiritual care; provides strategic consultation, mission expertise, and guidance to the Chief Executive of PMMC to ensure organizational and operational fidelity to mission, core values, and vision. Consults with executives and their leadership teams in areas of formation, Catholic identity, and care for the poor and vulnerable, value based decision making, ethical discernment, and spiritual dimensions of ministry.
In this position you will:
- Work with the Chief Mission Integration Officer and the Providence Center for Health Care Ethics to provide leadership in the development of region-wide tools, resources and models for organizational ethics. The Oregon Regional Mission & Spiritual Care Leadership team, in collaboration with the Director, Mission Integration & Spiritual Care for PMMC, works to explore the provisions of mission and spiritual care services across the continuum of care and service areas of the Oregon Region.
- Work internally with management, staff, physicians, board members and volunteers to further the understanding, relevance, vitality and engagement of the Mission of Providence in the Southern Oregon Service Area.
- Externally, work with key community partners and stakeholders to identify, understand and address community health needs, in a manner consistent with the Mission, Vision, Values and Core Strategy of Providence Health and Services.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Practicing Catholic with a Masters Degree in theology, pastoral ministry or equivalent.
- Evidence of current understanding of Catholic theology and ability.
- Board Certification by the National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC - preferred) or by the Association of Professional Chaplains (APC).
- 5 years of work progressively responsible experience providing pastoral/spiritual care, which includes holding a leadership position with operational administrative leaders in a health care setting.
- 2 years of supervisory experience directing a variety of individuals.
- Ability to understand Catholic identity and communicate Catholic principles and tradition.
- Providing strategic direction to operational administrative leaders, leading change and working with others during challenging times.
- Formal training in ethics.
Providence Medford Medical Center is located in Medford, in Jackson County, midway between Portland, OR, which is about 273 miles to the north, and San Francisco, CA, which is 374 miles to the south. Just 27 miles from the northern California border, Interstate 5 links Medford to major population centers north and south. Highway 62 north is the main route out of the valley to Crater Lake and Central Oregon. Highway 140 links Medford to Klamath Falls and southeastern Oregon. The Medford population is 75,000 and the population of Jackson County is at 202,000 with the largest ethnic group in the Rogue Valley being persons of Hispanic or Latino origin.
The surrounding mountain ranges, which include the Cascades, the rugged Coastal Range and the Siskiyou Mountains, help to moderate Medford's annual rainfall, which is generally less than 20 inches. Snow is common and heavy in the mountains, but light on the valley floor where it normally melts within a few hours. During the winter, the daily low dips into the middle 30s while highs in the summer average around 90 degrees.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Req ID: 141329