Diagnostic Medical Sonography/Ultrasound Instructor
Contra Costa Medical Career College
August 22, 2018
Part Time - Experienced
Academic / Research
Contra Costa Medical Career College is immediately seeking part-time Instructors for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) Program. The hours will be M-TH 9:00-2:00 or 5:00-10:00. This is an outstanding opportunity for a service oriented individual to help our students begin their journey toward their new careers. Primary responsibilities are to teach, plan, coordinate, facilitate, administer, and monitor activities on behalf of the academic program and in coordination with academic and clinical faculty.
Under the general supervision of the Program Director, the Diagnostic Medical Sonography instructor delivers class and/or clinical instructions according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods; develops daily lesson plans; advises and tutors students; maintains current and accurate attendance and grade records; remains current in applicable program teaching fields; participates in faculty meetings, instructional seminars and two (2) in-service training sessions annually. Participates in college activities such as faculty meetings, student functions, graduations, open houses, new student orientations, and advisory board meetings. This is a Part Time position.
* Prepare teaching assignments.
* Review student success rates by class and implement plan to reduce student withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program.
* Prepare didactic instruction to include course objectives.
* Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each Module to update student records and transcripts.
* Evaluate the performance of students regarding course objectives and makes necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
* Develop and maintain a functional curriculum according to approved design.
* Evaluate course content and review new texts.
* Perform functions of a Diagnostic Medical Sonography instructor in all aspects of the DMS Program (Didactic, Laboratory and Clinical environments).
* Work closely with Career Services to ensure successful student outcomes and job placement.
* Participate in Program Advisory Committee meetings, Career Fairs, Student Service and Resource projects.
* Leadership- Exhibits confidence in self an in others, inspires and motivates others to perform well, effectively influences actions and opinions of others, inspires respect and trust, accepts feedback from others, provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates, gives appropriate recognition to others, displays passion and optimism, possess the ability to delegate effectively
* Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional situations, responds promptly to student needs, solicits feedback to improve service and professional relationships, meets commitments
*Must be a graduate from an Accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography program. Must have ARRT or ARDMS certification
*Minimum of an Associates degree with the appropriate coursework in the subject area required
*Current CPR Card.
*Current Driver's License.
*Experience with Microsoft Office
About Contra Costa Medical Career College
Contra Costa Medical Career College is a small, private vocational training school. The school was formed in response to the growing need for qualified, entry-level healthcare professionals in this community.