Reporting to the Interim Vice President of Patient Access Services. In this role the Assistant Director will be responsible for Physician Practice integration and will ensure the integrity of Epic template, scheduling, and telephony change control. Assistant Director will thoroughly evaluate change requests following a controlled review process and track change requests from start to completion. Key to this position is to actively foster partnerships with providers and to support change requests. Assistant Director will collaborate with colleagues within Patient Access Services and across the VUMC system with a specific focus on improving new provider onboarding, providing recommendations for Epic build optimization, and to effectively drive improvement and sustainment. Responsible for a team of ~5-7 direct reports.
* Works across various specialties and fosters a culture of candor, trust, and respect in order to cultivate strong working relationships and engagement with new providers
* Highly collaborative with a focus on teambuilding and change management
* Strong leadership, organization, and prioritization skills
* Excellent verbal, written, and professional communication skills with solid influencing skills
* Proficient problem solving and decision making skills with an ability to confront and resolve issues
* Highly skilled at planning and directing activities of others including defining success measures
* Solid ability to create an environment of strong morale and motivated professionals
* Establish and articulate a philosophy of service and collaboration consistent with the educational, research, and patient care missions of VUMC.
* Provide guidance and oversight for all Change Management initiatives with a focus on accuracy, quality, and sustainment.
* Work in partnership with Access Operations on key strategic decisions.
* Attend meetings and provide regular reports on activities of Change Management division.
* Promote the sustainment of Change Management initiatives in alignment with the Patient Access strategic focus on Operational Flexibility, Relationship-Centered Approach, and Service Quality.
* Oversee the creation and implementation of standard expectations for the Change Management team including communication, best practices, and professionalism consistent with the VUMC CREDO.
* Partner with Health IT on Epic build enhancements and optimizations
* Routinely evaluate variability in Access processes for opportunities to converge into common practices.
* Recognize and reward desired performance, provide coaching and mentoring to continuously elevate the team.
* Support retention of team members through the use of techniques consistent with the VUMC Elevate framework.
* Regularly review administrative reports and implement changes that focus on customer satisfaction, patient experience, financial performance, high quality deliverables, and overall access process efficiency.
* Bachelor's degree with 3 years applicable experience with customer service, relationship management, project management, change management, clinic or access operations; Master's degree preferred
* Required time in field previous to employment: 3 Year(s)
* Must have at least 3 years of prior Epic experience
* Epic Cadence Certifications preferred; required within 1 year
* Prior experience with online scheduling implementation
* Advanced Excel and intermediate PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word experience
* Intermediate project management planning and software experience
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.
Maryland Psychological Association (MPA) is the statewide professional association for Maryland psychologists, supporting the psychologists in Maryland in advancing the science and practice of psychology for the health and welfare of the public. MPA educates about psychology and mental health, and promotes psychological science and practice. Find a local psychologist with our free referral service.