In this fast-paced and challenging role as Media Specialist for Langford Auditorium, you will provide technical direction for a wide range of events including lectures, symposiums, and theatrical productions. You will be responsible for maintaining and upgrading sound and lighting equipment to meet the state-of-the-art needs of Langford clients. You will provide logistical support for events and serve as a liaison for VUMC when in direct contact with clients and guests. You should be a quick thinker with the ability to make decisions in timely manner. You will be responsible, with guidance, for the maintenance and upkeep of Langford Auditorium, and you will be instrumental in decision making processes regarding upgrades and enhancements.
* Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience)
* 2 years of relevant experience
Point of contact for events held in Langford Auditorium.
Manage logistics for events, such as ingress and egress of vehicles, ushering, crowd control, vendor placement, etc.
Sound and lighting design for events.
Oversight of building maintenance and improvements.
Create and implement solutions for audio/visual, sound, stage, and lighting maintenance, upgrades, and improvements.
Event scheduling and approval.
Liaison for Langford Auditorium with clients, vendors, Facilities Services, and Environmental Services.
Langford Website creation and maintenance
Langford Social Media content creation
Knowledge of sound and lighting systems, including DMX, Midas consoles, Lab Gruppen amplifiers and Elation LED lighting.
Understanding of Audio/Visual systems, Crestron control systems, and HD-BaseT video distribution.
Ability to solve complex A/V, sound, and lighting problems with simple solutions.
Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
Must have excellent communication skills.
* Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
* Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
* Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
* Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
* Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
* Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
* Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
* Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
* Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
* Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
* Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
* Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
* Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
* Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
* Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
* Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Internal Number: 2004253
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.
Maryland Psychological Association (MPA) is the statewide professional association for Maryland psychologists, supporting the psychologists in Maryland in advancing the science and practice of psychology for the health and welfare of the public. MPA educates about psychology and mental health, and promotes psychological science and practice. Find a local psychologist with our free referral service.